Minter Dialogue with Charlie Birney
Charlie Birney is a fellow podcaster, who co-founded Podville Media and the Podcast Village where he consults and helps produce notable podcasts, such as The Lincoln Project or The 1600 Sessions. He is also author of the newly published, “The Tao of Podcasting,” in which he uses the wisdom of Tao to help navigate the world of podcasting. In this conversation, we discuss Taoism, Charlie’s career and creative outlets, the evolution of podcasting and some of the pearls in his book, which he wrote and illustrated. This episode is loaded with interesting tidbits and resources.
Please send me your questions — as an audio file if you’d like — to email@example.com. Otherwise, below, you’ll find the show notes and, of course, you are invited to comment. If you liked the podcast, please take a moment to rate it here.
To connect with Charlie Birney:
- You can find Charlie on Twitter: @CBirney
- Follow Charlie Birney on Linkedin
- You can order, The Tao of Podcasting, An interpretation of the Tao Te Ching, at Politics And Prose in Washington DC: https://www.politics-prose.com/book/9781624294303
Sites and resources mentioned during the episode:
- The Mike O’Meara Show Schoolhouse Rock Chat GPT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2fYFS1MENw&t=5s
- Here is a nicely made 30+ second video about Pecha Kucha, a five-minute 20 slide presentation format: https://youtu.be/Hq9txHjiRYo
- Wise Traditions (Hilda) on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/wise-traditions/id1072618042
- The Sarah Fraser Show on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-sarah-fraser-show/id1064651383
- For Immediate Release on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/for-immediate-release/id810385886
- Isabel’s Bookcase on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/launch-podcast/sets/isabels-book-case?si=769e6a5e3d5346869edde1b5bfefab91
- Rob Dial, The Mindset Mentor on Apple: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-mindset-mentor/id1033048640
- Alan Watt’s excellent book, The Watercourse Way Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Tao-Watercourse-Way-Alan-Watts/dp/0394733118/
- The Tao of Pooh seems only available now as a set, at least on quick review: https://www.amazon.com/Tao-Pooh-Te-Piglet/dp/1405293772/
Further resources for the Minter Dialogue podcast:
Meanwhile, you can find my other interviews on the Minter Dialogue Show in this podcast tab, on Megaphone or via Apple Podcasts. If you like the show, please go over to rate this podcast via RateThisPodcast!
And for the francophones reading this, if you want to get more podcasts, you can also find my radio show en français over at: MinterDial.fr, on Megaphone or in iTunes.
Music credit: The jingle at the beginning of the show is courtesy of my friend, Pierre Journel, author of the Guitar Channel. And, the new sign-off music is “A Convinced Man,” a song I co-wrote and recorded with Stephanie Singer back in the late 1980s (please excuse the quality of the sound!).
***If you like my writing and are interested in fostering more meaningful conversations in our society, please check out my Dialogos Substack. This newsletter will feature articles on why and how we can all improve our conversations, whether it’s at home, with friends, in society at large or at work. Subscription is free, but if you see value in it, you are welcome to contribute both materially and through your comments. Sign up here: